In addition to the library’s existing health and safety policies the Film Club will adopt the following additional risk-mitigation practices to protect and provide reassurance to our volunteers and to you and your guests.
- In order to maintain adequate social distancing, seating capacity will be reduced from 64 to 38 and chairs arranged in combinations of singles and pairs.
- Ticket numbers will be similarly reduced and, to avoid queueing, no tickets will be available for purchase on the night of the performance.
- Tickets will be available to purchase either online via Ticket Source or from the library. But note that we would strongly encourage people to buy online as both the library's opening hours and the number of people allowed in at any one time are limited and the staff are, as a consequence, extremely busy.
- Masks should be worn on entering the library and people are requested to take their seats as soon as possible thereafter. The wearing of masks whilst seated is left to your own discretion.
- The toilets will be available during performances, but again masks should be worn when leaving your seat. The toilets are regularly cleaned and disinfected, but antiseptic wipes will be provided for you to clean surfaces before you leave.
- We will continue to offer drinks etc., but to avoid crowding we will take orders and serve you your drinks at your seat. Payment will only be accepted in cash.
- At the end of the performance people will be invited to leave the library in row order, starting from the back of the seating. This will be directed by the volunteers.
- We will be keeping windows and doors closed during the performance.
- We would also suggest that you take sensible precautions yourself before attending a film, such as taking a test for the Covid virus if you have any symptoms and certainly not attending if you have been in recent contact with Covid sufferers if you are ill in any way (not just with Covid).